




Today is Saturday here around 5pm. My last post was thursday when we went to the countryside. Yesterday was a rough day - I didn't feel up to blogging. I wasn't feeling that good - very worn out and allergies bothering me. We were out shopping in the cold rain and I think that added to it plus being a new mommy and up late with my beautiful night owl baby :-)
did me in. I got cute stuff in Nanchang though - a coat for me and one for baby.
We had a lazy afternoon in the hotel warming up and having tummy time - 'Maya's favorite!
We took another bath - I got in the tub with her again and she loves it! She hates the inflatable tub!
Then we played some more, read some books and my little girl was not tired at all!
She takes after someone else I know and love! :-)
so I gave her a bottle at 9pm when she usually gets it and her eyes started drifting and she fell asleep drinking her bottle so I was like YES! She will finally get to sleep at a normal baby hour!
As soon as I stood up with her she was awake again and saying to me let's play some more!
I was worn out by this hour but somehow Nini and I managed to take turns trying to rock her and get her to be sleepy but we weren't succesful until 12:30 AM! and we had to be up at 6:30am to get ready to leave the hotel by 7:30. It's been a rough morning today - I took a 15 minute nap on the plane while Nini played with Amaya. She did very good on her first plane ride - I was a little nervous about pressure in her ears cuz she doesn' t like pacifiers at all but she was happy as could be on the plane. Granted it was only an hour and a half so let's up for the best with the 3 hour and 13 hour flights home plus 5 hour layover. Pray for us that all goes well!
So today we got to Guangzhou in the afternoon. We are staying at the White Swan Hotel and it is beautiful. It's a landmark hotel because it is close to the American Consulate and almost everyone who adopts a baby from china stays here - they even give you an adoption barbie - I havn't gotten mine yet. :-) I'll tell you what it looks like! There is a gigantic christmas tree in the lobby and a waterfall too. There are I think 5 restuarants and 2 pools and 2 of the restaurants are located by all windows so you can see the riverview. The hotel is on Shamian Island and it's beautiful here! lots of trees and flowers and the river - it's like Florida humid but in the 60's. We enjoyed Nanchang but happy for a change of pace - new surroundings and better weather! Also the traffic is lighter and you can walk around without being as paranoid of getting hit by a bus as you do in Nanchang! The traffic was crazy there! no rules of the road whatsoever. here it's very laidback and it is famous for shopping. We are too tired to shop today but are going to buy things to give Amaya from her culture as she gets older. We are also going to buy christmas gifts too! FUN TIMES!
Maya is sleeping on me right now in her carrier as I am typing and Nini is upstairs napping. We are going to nap in shifts cuz I have a feeling someone might be up late again tonight! She is such a sweetie pie when she sleeps - my precious little baobao. She always falls asleep at her nap time when I am walking with the carrier. I just took a walk to the grocery store to get a few things and like clockwork she fell asleep.
Well hope all is well at home and everyone is staying warm. I can't believe Christmas is in 3 days, it doesn't seem like it since we are here. It's special to be in China for Christmas with my mom and Amaya but next year I am looking forward to being home for christmas with all my loved ones! Amaya's first christmas with the whole family!
1 comment:
Let me know when you get "adoption Barbie"... I know someone who can knit you a dress for her! All you'll have to supply is the toilet paper!
Post a Comment