Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Leaving tomorrow!!!

I can't believe this day is almost finally here. I'm feeling so many emotions all at once. Excited, anxious, a little overwhelmed, nervous, sad cuz I wish I could take more loved ones with me on our trip but I'm thankful for this blog to keep us connected!

I still have some last minute packing and things to get done tonight and when I wake up tomorrow it will only be 2 more days until I meet my daughter!

For so long, I have waited to be her mommy and cried at times during the wait because it was taking so long and I felt so ready and now as it gets closer I find myself frieking out a little on how things are going to change, but they are exciting and happy changes! I just think it would be a little less nervewracking if I was experiencing these changes in a familiar environment but it's part of the adventure and I'm so glad to have my mom be going with me!

I am still battling this stupid cold so hopefully rest on the plane will help since I've been so busy preparing for the trip and not getting enough rest. Pretty much rest on the plan is all the rest I'm going to get for a LONG time after sunday! :-) I better get used to being tired, huh? Starbucks is going to be my new best friend!

Spending Christmas with my daughter is the best present, I wish all my loved ones could be with us but will be with us in our hearts!

Thanks to all you guys for being there with me through this whole process and all your good wishes for our journey! I feel blessed to have you in my life!

On Monday, my friend Angie that teaches preschool at my school, had a surprise baby shower for me with her students! They were so cute, one of them made a sign with ladybugs and Amaya's name on it. Angie even made favors for my students with Amaya's picture. She is so thoughtful and I was so surprised!

I can't wait to introduce all of you to Amaya when I get home! Have a wonderful Christmas and know we will be thinking about you!!!

No comments: