Saturday, December 15, 2007

Sightseeing in Beijing







Today was a good day and a long day - we are TIRED! Time to relax tonight and prepare for Amaya. :-) Our coordinator is so great, he has been giving us great information about China's history and about our babies. He keeps telling us we are on a tight schedule tomorrow so I think it's going to be a pretty hectic day. He told us to pack the diaper bag tonight and have it ready when we land so it seems like we there won't be much time between when we get to Nanchang and we get our babies!

I can't believe I am going to be a mom tomorrow! I am so excited to hold my baby for the first time. Our coordinator, Dennis, was telling us about how we will be getting the babies schedule and about his experiences with families and their babies! I wonder how mine will react when we get her and how tomorrow will go! He told us what to expect so we are not worried if she doesn't eat or if she won't stop crying, etc.

Everyone in the group is so nice and we are bonding. It's nice to experience this with a group of people and a coordinator who takes care of everything for us. Some of us in the group are first time parents so it helps that we have each other.

I am experiencing so many emotions right now its so hard to describe. Anticipation, excitement, nervous of the unknown ahead!

It's 5:45pm here and it feels like the middle of the night. It's been a whirlwind since we got here so hopefully I will get some good rest for the big day tomororow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Teach... I was awake thinking about you and praying for you while you were posting this!!! (I was actually up eating yogurt and almonds at 3:00 a.m. and since I was already up... I thought and prayed =)!!!) Can't wait to get tomorrow's post!!!! God Bless this most special day.