Sunday, November 11, 2007

I started making my lists!


Here are some pics of my first piles of outfits and toys/books to bring to China!!!

During the 3 year wait I couldn't bring myself to start thinking about packing lists and travel yet - not until I got her picture! I bought clothes, books, decorated, read adoptive families and parenting books but I wouldn't let myself think about travel until I knew it was a reality!!!

Well, now that I know who my sweet baby is, I thought I better get started!!! After the LONG 3 year wait, 6-8 weeks seems like it's going to go by fast!

So Friday night, thanks to my pumpkin spice latte (waking up at 5:30am and teaching 5 yr olds all week combined with the excitement and lack of sleep of the week - I was TIRED), I was able to stay up late and spent the whole night making my lists and started organizing what I want to take to China. I washed all her baby clothes in the 9-12 month and 12 month size (and I'm talking ALOT of clothes! :-) and narrowed down what clothes and toys I'm taking. I made my list of stuff I need to buy for myself and Amaya as well as packing lists for me and Amaya. I consulted FWCC packing tips and my agency to make my list. I feel pretty good and prepared with what's on my list I'm just worried as to how I'm going to FIT everything within the weight limits! I need to practice many times before the big trip!!

No comments: