Thursday, November 8, 2007

I got more info on my baby girl!

I joined a Yifeng group with people who have daughters who grew up in the same orphanage. I am grateful to this group for sharing their experiences online - it's so cool to read about where she is from. Here are some pictures I found that someone in this group posted!
Yifeng town entrance
Inside of her orphanage. I think these were taken this year but I don't remember for sure!

The inside of her orphanage


This is a picture of the infant building, where she is waiting for me!
Her orphanage looks like it's in a beautiful setting and the inside looks nice too. I think she is beign well cared for and am thankful to the people who are taking good care of her!


Last night I checked my email and screamed with excitement! I got another report on my baby girl's growth and development. Here are some things written in the report:

She was found on March 17 in front of the social welfare institute of Yifeng County. She was wearing a a blue cotton padded outfit with white designs and was rappend in a bed infant blanket. She had a round face, thin hair and fair skin. She was a little chubby :-) She weighed about 7 and a half pounds. At one month old, she had good sucking strength and a loud crying sound. She spent most of her time sleeping except drinking milk. At 2 months old, she was able to smile. When she was awake she had fun by herself in her cardle, she smiled and moved her feet hard when people entertained her. How precious is that! :-) At 3 months old, she began to utter sounds. She loved baths! At four months old, she was able to listen to music. She responded with sounds and smiling at people amusign her. She is very energetic and loves to have fun where there are lots of people and lots of things going on.

It also told me her schedule for feeding and napping. I am so thankful for all of this information and to my agency for translating it!

My favorite part of the report is that she loves toys that can produce sounds and her favorite activity is to have adults take her having fun outdoors! She is so meant to be my daughter because I love the outdoors too and enjoy nature and hiking and music! I truly believe that God chose her to be my daughter and it's meant to be! :-)















1 comment:

NiNi said...

Hi, Amy. Your comments made me cry. I believe it, too. God did choose Zhuang Lu Ao (Amaya Lu Lin) for you to raise as your own daughter. What a gift straight from Heaven! Wouldn't it be wonderful if she was your Christmas gift this year? - A gift for you to cherish for a lifetime!

Love always,
Amaya Lu Lin's Grandma-to-be/Nini