Amaya and I are sick and hibernating in this cold! It's crazy how cold it's been! Amaya got a cold with a cough and a fever middle of last week. She was not her happy self. I was giving her tylenol to try and help her feel better. It brought the fever down but then it would come back after tylenol wore off. Friday night was our worst night of sleep ever! Poor thing, everytime I would rock her to sleep and lay her down, she would wake up the second I set her down screaming and crying. I thought it was maybe cuz of postnasal drip or coughing. Then we would go through the process again. She didn't even want to sit, I had to stand and hold her and walk around.
She was very clingy those couple days of not feeling good, she didn't even want to play or anything, just wanted her mommy to hold her. Which of course, I didn't mind! :-)
Anyway, friday night she finally got to sleep and then woke up 2 hours later and was up for 2 hours. I finally called the pharmacist at 2am desparate asking what else I could give her. I ended up giving her benadryl and she slept until 7. I called the dr, we went in that next day and he told me she has an ear infection. Poor baby, no wonder it hurt to lay down. So now she's on an antibiotic and motrin at night to help her sleep, tylenol during day for pain. She's still not completely back to her happy self, but better than she was. she's starting to play again and eat somewhat, but still not as much of an appetite. and of course, I got her cold too just in time for our trip to Florida this weekend. I hope both of us are better in time to get on the plane! congestion for mom or baby is no fun on an airplane!
I can't wait to see my sister and have her spend time with Amaya. The last time she saw her was when we got home from China and she has grown and developed so much! I also can't wait to wear summer clothes and sandals and no winter gear for a few days! Maybe the ocean air will clear up my cold!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment