We have been home for 5 days now and Amaya is doing great! She loves the cats! The cats are not too sure about her, the vote is undecided! They keep checking her out though and she screams and waves her arms when she sees them. She is itching to crawl and chase after them. I have a feeling she will do this in no time so those cats better look out! I take her hand and show her how to pet them - she likes to slap them and grab their fur! of course I have this on video!
She loves music too - I have lots of cds and we dance and sing! She's too cute!
She is getting better with her sleep schedule on US time. The first weekend was rough but now the past 3 nights she has gone to bed at night and waken up in the morning. sunday night was bed at 9pm waking up at 4:30 am, then monday night bed at 10:30 pm woke up at 5:30 am, last night bed at 11pm and slept all the way until 8:15. I want her to have an earlier bedtime than 11 but at least shes sleeping longer at night like she should be! I am proud of her! :-)
Monday was her visit to the pediatrician - she did very well! I really like my doctor, she's very nice and knowledgeable about international adoption and medical issues. She is running lots of blood tests to check for a variety of things - lead, anemia, calcium, phosphorus, thyroid, hepatitis, etc. I was going to do that today but Amaya has a cold and yesterday a fever and its only 5 degrees out so I am going to wait until tomorrow. She also got some vaccines on monday and had a fever from that too - she was not herself past two days but feeling better today - back to her happy go lucky self! I had mixed feelngs vaccinating her because I have read stuff for and against vaccinations but I decided to after talking to the dr and I pray she's fine from them!
Last night my family came over to spend time with Amaya and I went to the movies with my sister and Yoli. I cried before I left cuz Amaya wasn't feeling good and was fussy and I felt like a bad mom leaving my baby so soon. But my sister is only in town until thursday and I wanted to go with them and do something for me too! I'm glad I went, we had fun, but I had to text my mom a few times and see how my baby girl was doing! When I got home, it felt so good to see her and scoop her up in my arms!
Latham and I talked about taking a vacation just the two of us next year sometime but I don't know if I can leave her for that long - we'll probably take her with us or just go for a weekend! We shall see! We are taking her to florida to visit my sister at the end of february or in march - I can't wait to see how she likes the beach!
She loves bath time now - loves to splash in the tub and play with the rubber duckies!
She doesn't like sleeping in her crib here - she was okay in china but I think she is just adjusting to so many new things - dr said to treat her like a newborn and its okay for her to sleep in my bed. At first I was worried that it would be hard to wean her from that, or that I was starting a bad habit but she reassured me its okay and will help her feel safe and bond. i am going to do cosleeping than transition to small play pen or bassinet next to crib, then stuffed animals in crib in my room, then when i move, she will be in crib in her own room but i will stay in there fora while after she falls asleep. i feel good about the plan!
2 comments:
Dear Amy,
It sounds like you and Latham are so happy. I saw your yiaya at church on Christmas and she showed us the pictures of Amaya! A very proud greatyiaya. Meg, Stevie and I were ooohing and ahhhhing because she is so beautiful.
It sounds like you have a great handle on what to do. I just remember I never felt as dumb as the day I brought Megan home. Every mom goes through it but you have a great role model in your mom. You will do fine. Your Aunt Kay gave me the best advice and I will now share it with you. Babies change everything in 3 weeks. So when you are worring about something remember it will go away in 3 week. But more times than not you will be praying for the things that bothered you 3 weeks before! Take it a day at a time but most of all enjoy every moment. She will be asking for the car keys before you know it.
With love to all of you,
Cousin Marianne
Hi Amy. I am so enjoying your blog. It sounds like all is going well and Amaya is adjusting to her new home and forever Mommy. Your daughter is so beautiful. I can hear the love for Amaya in your writing and know you are enjoying every moment with her. You are both so lucky to have found each other.
Barb/NY
Your Mom's Yahoo group friend
Post a Comment