Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Amaya's debut at Mommy's schools

Amaya and I have been busy this week! On Sunday, my friend Jennie and her 2 girls came over to meet Amaya. We had a fun afternoon together. On Monday, I went to Garfield school to see my friends at work and my students and they all loved Amaya. Amaya did very well meeting ALOT of new faces. The best part was when some of my coworkers tried to pick her up, she reached back for me! YEAH - she knows I'm her mommy and that is the best feeling in the world!

After that, we came home and played and read books, took a bath! Fun times! Then yesterday I took her back to Garfield to search for some missing library books and then to my other school, Channing to see my friends over there. They loved meeting her and again she didn't want them to hold her! :-) She was a very popular girl and the students couldn't get enough of her. Many of the older ones asked me questions about why the babies are abandoned so I educated them on china's situation, which I was happy to do!

Then after our adventures at school we went to the social security office to get her a card and after waiting for 35 minutes I was told I didn't bring the right paperwork! UGH! gotta love government offices. Amaya was a trooper waiting that long! Now we are going back tomorrow!

Today we had a fun day with Latham and took her passport pictures for her us passport and played and bonded some more!

I am dreading taking her back to the hospital for more blood tests but I know it's for her own good to make sure she doesn't have a disease we need to be treating but last time was so traumatic for her because they couldn't get enough blood and had to do it 3 times! Oh well, hopefully it will only take one time and at least she won't remember it! I still hate watching her cry and scream! Last time she was sweating so bad, my poor baby! I've been having to collect stool samples too, isn't that fun! and I found out a few days ago that her lead level is high which frieked me out and I was consulting Dr. Google which frieked me out even more. But now I have calmed down about it and going to consult my friends chiropracter about natural remedies for getting those toxic metals out of my babys system.

Thats all for now! She fell asleep early today because she didn't get an afternoon nap. She fell asleep at 8pm which she never does so we'll see how early mommy has to wake up tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My daughter had high levels of Lead in her blood as well. We had to have someone from the county come and check our house-duh she got it in China! Just a fomality I guess.

Anyway, our doctor told us to give her lots of iron and then orange juice-vitamin c to absorb the iron. Within 2 months her levels were at normal. Just being away from the lead and the iron plus vitamin c worked for us. She is smart as a whip so we had no side effects thankfully!

By the way, your Tour Guide Cindy was not our Cindy. Thanks for showing us a photo anyway.

I am glad things are going so well for the 2 of you. You are a great mommy. I have enjoyed reading your blog.

Lisa in Denver-mother of Lily Lu and Jack

Amy said...

Hi Lisa! Thanks for your advice! It's a nice compliment from other moms when they say I'm a great mommy! :-)

The county is coming to my house next week - a nurse from the health dept and an environmental person from the state! Hello - she had the blood tests a few days after we got home but I guess it's the law! at least they can check my toys, etc and make sure there's no lead in them!

Do you have a blog?

take care,
Amy