Saturday, October 23, 2010

my grown up girl

I love my bedtime routine with the princess. This is when she talks the most to me about her day, and it's our special cuddle time. She's been talking more about being born in China and about what she looked like as a little baby, asking questions about her birthmother, or the "tummy lady" as we call her. Last night she wanted to see a picture of when she was born. So I showed her the picture I have of her at 1 day old in a newspaper ad in Chinese. It looks nothing like her. We read her special adoption book I made for her and she asked where I was born, where NaiNai was born. She asked about the tummy lady somemore and the orphanage. I told her being adopted was special because she was matched with our family and we were a perfect match and I how chose her and waited for her for a long time. She said - did you pick me because I was a good listener? I said I would've picked her even if she was a bad listener and I would've loved her just as much. I didn't know what kind of listener you would be I said. She told me later on in our conversation that she wished I came out of her tummy! AWWWW! I wish I knew her her birthmother was and that I could send pictures and letters to her, telling her how she is the love of our lives and such a sweet and special princess! I know as she gets older she will be asking more complex questions and some will be hard to answer, I just pray that she continues to be proud of being adopted and of her heritage.

On a separate note, we are having a lovely fall together as a family. She loved Goebbert's pumpkin farm. It was a great fall day w caramel apples, pumpkin pie, feeding giraffes and other animals, and playing on all the kid play areas they have there. I love fall!! It's my favorite season. We've played in leaves, gone on nature walks, enjoyed all kinds of pumpkin treats, and went to fall festivals. I am so excited for her 3rd halloween, thanksgiving and xmas too!

No comments: