Saturday, November 3, 2012




I can't believe it's been 2 years since I've written on my blog. I've mostly been on facebook and living life with my sweet baby as a working mom who juggles work, motherhood and taking classes! Also, since I've written last I've discovered many food intolerances which has led to alot more time in the kitchen.  Needless to say, not much time for blogging!

I haven't even looked at my blog probably since last year at this time. Every time referral day comes around, I get so emotional and sentimental in remembering how it felt the night I went to bed on November 4, 2007 with such anticipation and excitement that I would be seeing my daughter's face for the first time after nearly 2 years of waiting! I just reread my entries from that day and from referral day, and it feels like just yesterday that it happened yet it's been 5 years. I am typing this as I look at my sweet girl sleeping next to me and am just filled with so much gratitude for the gift of having her as my daughter. I wish I could tell her birthmother how grateful I am for her making the brave decision to bring Amaya to the orphanage so she could have a family who loves her and cares for her so much.  I will never know what it was like for her to go through that but she will also be important to me and to Amaya and we talk about her, wonder what she's like and looks like and how special it is that she grew in her tummy but I get to be her mommy!

Amaya is truly a gift from God and she fills my heart with love and joy every day.  She is so smart and sensitive beyond her years.  She is witty, fun, caring, loving and creative.  I have loved watching her personality develop over the years and have enjoyed each developmental stage she has gone through.  She never went through terrible 2's or 3's. Sure she's had some meltdowns and whiney fussiness but nothing big. She can have some preteen sass these days that is beyond her years but when I tell her it's not respectful, she stops and goes back to her normal 5 year old self. 

I both can't wait to see what the future holds for her yet at the same time I want time to slow down because she is growing up so fast. I treasure each memory we make together each day because I know before I know it she will be a teenager wanting nothing to do with her parents! :-) All I can hope for, is she will boomerang back around to me like I did with my mom.

I am so happy we get to spend referral day together this year because I have a day off of work and we are going to see so you think you can dance together as our mother/daughter referral day event. We are also going to make cookies and get the new tinkerbell movie and just have fun doing whatever else we do that day. 

I am hoping to post another entry for adoption day in December. Until then, hug your kids and tell them how special they are and that you love them each day!

No comments: