





















My pumpkin pie is not yet two but she is SOOOOOO smart, it's unbelievable. Every day she is learning something new and blowing me away with the words she says! The other day she lined up her dot paints and said one two twee fore with the cutest accent. My favorite word she says is mugus for music. She is so musical. She loves to sing dance and play instruments with things she finds around the house. My sister is getting her a toy violin for xmas and she is going to LOVE it! My sister emailed me a video on you tube of a 4 year old boy in thailand giving a solo on the violin and she kept saying boy - lin and clapped everytime he changed songs and said more. :-)
We are in a music class and she watches the teacher so intently and copies everything she does. I know every parent thinks their child is gifted but really - she so is! :-) The teacher passes out a ribbon and Amaya said pink! I was like oh my goodness you know your colors. We went home and later that week she told me brown, orange, blue and green! :-)
She also is talking in sentences - we went to whole foods and her boot fell off while she was in the cart and she said mama boots fall! :-) She's also into repeating the last word of what you say. She wanted me to open the juice in the cart and I said I can't do it and she yelled out DOOOOOO IT!
It was too cute, the lady next to us cracked up. She also saw a heavy, tall man and said BIGGIE! :-)
She is into asking questions too - like dat for what's that? and happened? for what happened? or where's?
She loves to pretend play these days. She will lay her bathtub animals on the edge of the tub and say night, sleeping blanket and put the washcloth on them and say cold. TOO CUTE! I bought her a play ice cream set for xmas and I couldn't resist giving it to her while I am off this week. She loves it! I also bought her a play microwave oven and play food that I am saving for xmas. and lots more stuff too of course! :-) I can't wait for her first christmas at home, seeing santa, decorating the house, being with friends and family! I just saw pics from when we were in China, it's amazing how much she has grown this past year. We had our final post placement visit this week! and then we are going to do the readoption in the states and put Latham on the paperwork too in the next coming months! EXCITING!
I still look at her and can't believe she is finally here. It' s the best feeling being her mom and words can't express how deeply I love her! She has the sweetest personality and is so affectionate and fun! I am enjoying this thanksgiving week off with her so much and can't wait to be home for 2 weeks over xmas.
Speaking of thanksgiving, she had her first thanksgiving yesterday. It was so fun! We took video of her talking about what she is thankful for. She loves to get speeches and talks with such expression. Sometimes we ask her if she's talking to us in chinese cuz it's nonsense words and then she'll interject a real word in there too. SO CUTE! My extended family was amazed at how much she was talking and how her playful personality is coming through. The last time they saw her was early summer. Everyone always tells me she is "so skinny" just like her momma! :-)
She loves to initiate imaginative play and play hide and seek and peekaboo and say where's? I see you! :-)
She also blew me away the other day by peeing in the potty for the first time! We went to target and she saw a dora potty that goes onto the big potty and said dora - buy it! I was thinking okay I'll buy it cuz I had planned to work on potty training over spring break or next summer. Well we got home and went to a friends house but left the bags out in the hallway. When we got home later that evening she saw the potty and said "potty" so I put her on it and she thought it was quite interesting. Then we ate dinner and she said poop potty after she pooped. I put her on the potty and then she peed unexpectedly. She looked down so surprised and got a big smile on her face. since then - no more interest in it. I'm not going to push it. I'm going to work on it for real next summer when she's a little older. She also peed in the bathroom the other day and looked down and said bubbles. Another time she peed on the way from the bathtub to her room to get her jammies and she said uh oh!
I am so thankful for my beautiful princess! :-)
We are in a music class and she watches the teacher so intently and copies everything she does. I know every parent thinks their child is gifted but really - she so is! :-) The teacher passes out a ribbon and Amaya said pink! I was like oh my goodness you know your colors. We went home and later that week she told me brown, orange, blue and green! :-)
She also is talking in sentences - we went to whole foods and her boot fell off while she was in the cart and she said mama boots fall! :-) She's also into repeating the last word of what you say. She wanted me to open the juice in the cart and I said I can't do it and she yelled out DOOOOOO IT!
It was too cute, the lady next to us cracked up. She also saw a heavy, tall man and said BIGGIE! :-)
She is into asking questions too - like dat for what's that? and happened? for what happened? or where's?
She loves to pretend play these days. She will lay her bathtub animals on the edge of the tub and say night, sleeping blanket and put the washcloth on them and say cold. TOO CUTE! I bought her a play ice cream set for xmas and I couldn't resist giving it to her while I am off this week. She loves it! I also bought her a play microwave oven and play food that I am saving for xmas. and lots more stuff too of course! :-) I can't wait for her first christmas at home, seeing santa, decorating the house, being with friends and family! I just saw pics from when we were in China, it's amazing how much she has grown this past year. We had our final post placement visit this week! and then we are going to do the readoption in the states and put Latham on the paperwork too in the next coming months! EXCITING!
I still look at her and can't believe she is finally here. It' s the best feeling being her mom and words can't express how deeply I love her! She has the sweetest personality and is so affectionate and fun! I am enjoying this thanksgiving week off with her so much and can't wait to be home for 2 weeks over xmas.
Speaking of thanksgiving, she had her first thanksgiving yesterday. It was so fun! We took video of her talking about what she is thankful for. She loves to get speeches and talks with such expression. Sometimes we ask her if she's talking to us in chinese cuz it's nonsense words and then she'll interject a real word in there too. SO CUTE! My extended family was amazed at how much she was talking and how her playful personality is coming through. The last time they saw her was early summer. Everyone always tells me she is "so skinny" just like her momma! :-)
She loves to initiate imaginative play and play hide and seek and peekaboo and say where's? I see you! :-)
She also blew me away the other day by peeing in the potty for the first time! We went to target and she saw a dora potty that goes onto the big potty and said dora - buy it! I was thinking okay I'll buy it cuz I had planned to work on potty training over spring break or next summer. Well we got home and went to a friends house but left the bags out in the hallway. When we got home later that evening she saw the potty and said "potty" so I put her on it and she thought it was quite interesting. Then we ate dinner and she said poop potty after she pooped. I put her on the potty and then she peed unexpectedly. She looked down so surprised and got a big smile on her face. since then - no more interest in it. I'm not going to push it. I'm going to work on it for real next summer when she's a little older. She also peed in the bathroom the other day and looked down and said bubbles. Another time she peed on the way from the bathtub to her room to get her jammies and she said uh oh!
I am so thankful for my beautiful princess! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment