Amaya and I have been having such fun days together! I can't get over how big she is getting and how she is a little girl now! She continues to amaze me every day with how smart she is and I can't even express how much I love her! The other day I was looking at her sleep and remembered all the long days and nights during the wait that I dreamed of her and wondered what she was doing and wondered if this would really happen! Now sometimes I look at her and can't believe she is finally here! or when we do things together that I had thought to do with her during the wait - (like going to the zoo or the botanical gardens with Latham and talking about what we would do as a family) and now we are doing them! She's a dream come true!
To all of you out there who are waiting - hang in there because it is so worth the wait!
Yesterday Latham and I took her to the botanic gardens because it is our tradition for our anniversary to go there. We take our picture in the same spot and put it in our scrapbook and write something to each other each year. Latham came up with the idea - he's so sentimental and romantic! It was very special and sentimental for me to take Amaya there, our first time as a family! We had a great day - Amaya loved walking around the gardens, seeing the fountains and smelling and touching the flowers! Her other favorite thing was walking back and forth across a bridge there. Everywhere we go people always tell me how cute she is and smile at us. She waves to everyone too - it's so cute!
Then Amaya got to see fireworks for her first fourth of July! and stay up past her bedtime and have a slumber party with Mommy and Daddy! She liked the fireworks but not as much as she liked looking at the dog next to us or the cars go by! She had fun and I was of course feeling sentimental and so happy to be experiencing our first fourth of July as a family!
My sister is home for a month and we are so excited to hang out with Aunt Pamela. We feel bad though because Amaya and I both have bad colds and we got pamela sick! :-( We hope she feels better soon!
2 more weeks and we get to move in with Latham! The countdown has begun. I am very excited and happy to live together as a family but it's so hard to make myself buckle down and pack when I just want to be leisurely with the princess! Thank goodness I have the time to do it though when I'm not working! I will miss living in my neighborhood so we are taking advantage of my backyard and going on lots of nature walks and playing on the patio.
Well that's the update! just days of summer fun and other days of packing while she has fun with NiNi and Aunt pamela and Daddy! She is saying lots of words these days with such expression too. She says up, hat, hot, cook, dada, mama, ball, car, no, yeah, out, more and ouch. She also does signs for milk, eat, drink, all done, cat, frog, duck, bird, more, bath, play, shoes, hat, ball, tree, flower, play,
slide, hurt. such a smart princess!
To all of you out there who are waiting - hang in there because it is so worth the wait!
Yesterday Latham and I took her to the botanic gardens because it is our tradition for our anniversary to go there. We take our picture in the same spot and put it in our scrapbook and write something to each other each year. Latham came up with the idea - he's so sentimental and romantic! It was very special and sentimental for me to take Amaya there, our first time as a family! We had a great day - Amaya loved walking around the gardens, seeing the fountains and smelling and touching the flowers! Her other favorite thing was walking back and forth across a bridge there. Everywhere we go people always tell me how cute she is and smile at us. She waves to everyone too - it's so cute!
Then Amaya got to see fireworks for her first fourth of July! and stay up past her bedtime and have a slumber party with Mommy and Daddy! She liked the fireworks but not as much as she liked looking at the dog next to us or the cars go by! She had fun and I was of course feeling sentimental and so happy to be experiencing our first fourth of July as a family!
My sister is home for a month and we are so excited to hang out with Aunt Pamela. We feel bad though because Amaya and I both have bad colds and we got pamela sick! :-( We hope she feels better soon!
2 more weeks and we get to move in with Latham! The countdown has begun. I am very excited and happy to live together as a family but it's so hard to make myself buckle down and pack when I just want to be leisurely with the princess! Thank goodness I have the time to do it though when I'm not working! I will miss living in my neighborhood so we are taking advantage of my backyard and going on lots of nature walks and playing on the patio.
Well that's the update! just days of summer fun and other days of packing while she has fun with NiNi and Aunt pamela and Daddy! She is saying lots of words these days with such expression too. She says up, hat, hot, cook, dada, mama, ball, car, no, yeah, out, more and ouch. She also does signs for milk, eat, drink, all done, cat, frog, duck, bird, more, bath, play, shoes, hat, ball, tree, flower, play,
slide, hurt. such a smart princess!
1 comment:
Oh, Amy, it is such a miracle to watch these little ones grow. I get tears in my eyes when I read about Amaya. Lainey is growing and doing so very well also. I agree: All who are still waiting, hang in there. It will happen and it will be the very best thing in your life.
Carol Meyer
Post a Comment