Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Fun in the Sun



















Gotta love technology! It's good when it works and so frustrating when it doesn't. I spent 50 minutes earlier typing my post and then when I clicked publish I got an internet error message! UGH! So here goes again.......

I am officially done with work for the summer! WOO HOO! It was a bittersweet ending to the school year. Although I was glad to be done for the summer and spend more time with my baby girl, it was bittersweet packing up my classroom and knowing I won't be back at the same school next year, the school that has been a second home to me for the past 9 years. but then Monday rolled around and I forgot all about it and was happy to be on vacation! :-) Plus now I get the entire summer off because I switched from a year round school to a traditional calendar school. So much time with my princess to have fun in the sun and do whatever we like! Of course I do have to pack because we finally get to move in with Latham next month - YAY! so we are having fun times and then I'm going to pack 3 days a week when she spends quality time with NiNi.

Our first week together we were busy having fun with friends! We went to visit my friend Angie who has a newborn and Amaya was more interested in walking all around Angie's house (so much more room than our one bedroom condo to explore) Then we had a lovely mother daughter day last tuesday, went to her music class, then took an hour nap (oh how I missed those when I was working) then went out to lunch and played at the park! We found the best park over here - it has a grass maze and trees for kids to climb and 3 different playgrounds. I am going to miss living in this area and hope to convince Latham to move out here down the road :-) I think I will have to agree to our compromise of somewhere in between though and just take Amaya to fun places out here. It's going to be an adjustment for all of us but we are looking forward to finally having it after all this time!

Then wednesday Latham and I took Amaya to the beach out here. She loved it! She didn't like her baby boat though, she only liked to old my hand and walk in the water. She didn't like when her feet couldn't touch the ground. and she's not a fan of playing in the sand - she's a water girl for sure! :-) then Thursday we went to the pool with my friend Yoli and her niece Syanne. Amaya loved it of course! She liked playing with Syanne in the water - syanne is so cute with her! We had a great time!

Friday my mom and I took Amaya to the aquarium! You should've seen her face when she walked up to the big tank and was face to face with the stingrays, turtles and fish! She was laughing, pointing and talking to them! TOO CUTE! now when she sees a fish in the book she does the sign for fish. Speaking of signs - she is signing all the time now. It's amazing how they catch on and use them to communicate = so cool. She does the sign for tree, flower, book, outside, thank you, more, eat, all done, milk, bath, doggy, fish, shoes, outside and probably more I'm forgetting. She is starting to do them for mama and dada. She says dada, yeah and no and the other day said mamama for the first time! I almost cried I was so happy! She's so smart!
She is understanding so much of what we say and communicates alot! She tries to say alot more words and will say the first sound for them - like key for kitty and duh for dirty or cuh for cup or cook. She loves to pretend to talk on the phone - I swear I don't know who she gets that from :-)
she likes to carry the phone around with her and puts it by her neck and carries on a conversation. so funny!

We are having so much fun with her - she has the most affectionate and playful personality. She loves to laugh and give hugs and kisses. She is the best baby and yesterday was our 6 month anniversary of becoming a family. I was feeling sentimental and took out the pictures of China to show her. I was reminiscing and missing our time there. I hope to take her back when she is older. We are going to visit two people from our travel group in the fall - I can't wait!
It feels like she has always been my daughter and I am so blessed to be her mother - I thank God for her every day and I think about her birthmother often. I wish I could tell her how much I love Amaya and how she is well taken care of and how smart she is. I wonder what she looks like. I know when Amaya gets older these are things we will wonder and talk about together.
I wish I could adopt a second time from China but they are predicting a 4 year wait and with the requirement to be married 2 years before you adopt - that would be when Amaya is like 8 years old! I am already thinking about how much she would like a sister and hope we can afford to adopt again in a few years. maybe vietnam or ethiopia? hmmmmmmmm :-)

Tomorrow we are taking Amaya to the zoo! I am excited! She loves animals and gets excited when she sees them in her books - which she has ALOT of. We took her to the petting zoo a few times and she loves it there! Her favorite animals were the goats and horses. I can't wait for her to see the elephant - she does the sign for elephant - it's so cute!

Well that's all for now - I hope my post doesn't go away this time. Thursday is my birthday and I will be celebrating with my family and treasuring the best birthday gift of all - my sweet princess Amaya!

No comments: