Friday, August 29, 2008

Last weekend of summer!!!!!

I know technically summer is until sept 22 but it always seems like labor day weekend is the "unofficial" end of summer!

It has been sooooooooooo long since I last blogged. Things have been very busy the last month and a half. Amaya and I finally are living with daddy so all the unpacking and packing took a while! I would do it about 3 times a week and the other days have fun and enjoy the lazy fun days of summer vacation!

Then about 3 weeks ago I started coming into my new school and setting up my classroom. It was hard to leave the princess after having all summer off. This has been my first week of school and I like my new class. I am teaching first grade now, so it's an adjustment - new grade level, new staff, new school and a different population of kids. It's going to take me a while to get used to it but I like it.

I only have a few minutes to write before I have to leave because we are going out of town for the weekend! I'm so excited! We are going to Tennessee to visit our friends from our travel group and have a mini reunion. I can't wait to see their baby girls! I'm worn out from the first week of school and getting everything ready to go out of town so I am hoping my peanut naps on the plane and we can sleep in this weekend and just have fun!

I will add more pics when I get back! Amaya is so amazing! She amazes me every day with how smart she is. She is so verbal now = she says over 60 words! she is so much fun and so affectionate! She loves to cuddle and give hugs! I am still sleeping on a mattress in her room - more about that next time! :-)

No comments: