








It's been about 2 weeks since my last post. Things are pretty busy lately with being back at work and all of the end of the year stuff that goes on in schools, plus for the past 4 weekends in a row we've had birthday parties, showers, graduations, etc. It's been fun but i'm looking forward to some lazy days again on the weekend when we can have a more leisurely schedule!
My sweet potato is so smart! She's been using signs more now - it's so cute! she does the sign for all done when she's in the high chair and also book, milk and outside. This past saturday it was raining and she didn't care, she wanted to go outside so she walked over (yes, walked!!!!!) to the shoe rack to get her shoe and pointed to outside and said AH! She didn't quite understand it was too cold and rainy to go out but I was so impressed with her communication!
She LOVES to be outside in nature, just like her mommy. She's all about walking these days too, she will push your hand away when she's ready and can go about 10-20 steps before falling.
I tell her ready, set go and she says, guh guh guh like she's trying to say go, go, go!
She wants to study and inspect everything in the natural environment, my little curious scientist! She likes to touch the trees, branches, bushes, she will bend down and pick the dandeloin and does the sign for flower! I showed her a picture in national geographic magazine the other day of a chinese girl holding a flower and she did the sign for flower! SO SMART!
She also loves to take things out and put them in other containers. She likes to attempt to get in the containers too. We had a pampers box that she would climb in and we would give her rides in the living room. Well the other day I went shoe shopping (I was bad) and bought her a pair and me ____ pairs! :-) and I left a shoebox on the floor for her to play with while I went to the kitchen to put the other boxes in the recycle garbage bag. I came back and she was literally in the shoebox! She had cramped herself in and looked like a little buddha the way her legs were folded in the lotus yoga position! I was cracking up and laughing so hard I started crying and then she thought I was sad and did the sign for all done cuz she couldn't get out of the box and crawled over to give me a hug! I just love her to pieces!
Everyday when I am leaving her in the morning for work it's so hard and I keep telling myself one more month and I get to be home with her again for 10 weeks! YAY!
As you all know, she loves music too and we have a CD with I'm a little teapot on it and my mom taught her how to do the motions with the song. I'll have to take a video and try to put in on here - it's too cute the way she bends her hand when they say tip me over and pour me out!
No comments:
Post a Comment