Thursday, March 13, 2008

My princess is turning one this weekend!

I can't believe Amaya is going to be one! She is just growing and changing every day! I love watching her crawl and play and study everything! I was getting all sentimental the other day on the way home from gymboree because I won't be able to take her to open gym during the weekday anymore in a few weeks! I know my mom is counting down the days until she can see her every day and if I can't stay home with her, of course I am so thankful that my mom is going to be her caregiver, who better? but I just wish I could stay home with her all the time!

I am loving every minute of it - even the staying up until 1am (although I might not say that at the time) :-) We are in the midst of teething and her two front teeth are trying to come through. At first I thought it was our same recurring sleep issues but she was waking more than usual and not able to go back to sleep easily. this has happened alot the past week and then a few days ago I looked in her mouth and saw the bottom of the tooth peeking through. her gums are all swollen - poor baby! I gave her motrin sunday night and she slept 12 hours which she has NEVER done before! but then the past few nights have been rough with lots of waking up - I tried tylenol instead I don't know why. Why fix it if it's not broken right? I had heard from friends that their dr's recommend switching between the 2 but tylenol doesn't cut it for her at night! I also got these herbal tablets that dissolve in water and you rub on their gums that 2 people recommend so we will see if those work! I am trying so hard to get on her on and early and consistent bedtime to get ready to go back to work and those teeth are not cooperating with my plan! :-)

Wednesday Latham and I took her to get her first professional pictures taken! She looked so cute in her foofy princess dress I could just eat her up! I almost cried actually when I saw the pictures! I've been sentimental lately! She cried at first with the photographer but then started to warm up. she never actually smiled in the pictures though but they still turned out really good!

Today it was 55 degrees so we decided to take advantage of it while Mommy is not working and we drove to st charles and had a lovely day! We had lunch at a cute cafe and Amaya got to try a little bit of Mommy's chocolate milkshake. She loved it just like aunt pamela does!
then we went to the park and walked by the river, and played at the playground. She climbed up the steps and was walking while I was holding on to her hands. and she went down the slide by herself and thought that was fun! She loves to walk now, she surprised me by how she walked up the steps too! She has learned so much so fast!

We have our big birthday party this weekend - up to 75 people! I am a little nervous about that!
We have activities for the kids though so lets up we can keep them all entertained.
I can't wait to see Amaya with her cake! You know there will be lots of photos posted!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Amaya!!!!!


And mommy Emmie Hasting just put Kaylee in her bedroom and Kayless slept!

Stacy Brischke
yahoo group/traveling 3/27/08

Lindsay said...

Happy Birthday Amaya! Hope you had a wondeful time on your special, big girl day!