Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Amaya!


























We had a big birthday bash to celebrate our princesses one year old birthday! It was fun except Amaya wasn't her usual happy self since she was teething and tired! She liked seeing all the people and eating her cake though! Her favorite thing was the balloons! :-)
and Daddy dressed up like a pink dragon to entertain the kids! What
a guy he is! I love him!

So the party was a success and we were so tuckered out that night! She slept good the rest of that week cuz her teeth finally came through! WHEW! This teething thing is rough! I know it's the calm before the storm when the next ones come though. At least now I'll know what to expect and how to help her sleep when it happens!

Monday I took amaya out to lunch because we didn't have any groceries and were going grocery shopping later that afternoon. We had a fun mother/daughter time. She's so funny, now whenever she sees me drinking a glass of water she says duh duh duh and wants to drink out of it herself. or just play in the water! too funny!

Tuesday she went to Nini's house for the first time and had fun playing on our old toy piano.
Mommy went to daddy's to spend some time with him before he left for Vegas.

Wednesday Daddy and I took her to gymboree for open gyn. It was Daddy's first time there. He was so cute, he videotaped her and had fun playing with her there. He wants to go back with us on wednesdays cuz that is his day off. I love that he wants to be involved with her with stuff like this. I can't wait until we are more of a family and can see him every day and be in the same house!

then after gymboree we went to toys r us to spend our gift cards from her bday. I bought her a litlte slide for the backyard, a sand and water table - she's going to love it when the weather gets warmer. maybe then she will stop playing with the water in my drinking glass when she gets a taste of the water table fun! :-) and I also bought her a music toy that she can stand with and a lion that she can push around and walk with - his nose lights up and he plays songs when she walks with him.

She LOVES her lion! I put it together that day and by the next day she didn't want me to hold her hands withit - she wanted to do it herself. We went in the hallway since there's more room for her to walk - in my little house she bumps into things every couple yards with toys and furniture and kitties! So we walk in the hallways of my condo and you have to see the look on her face -she is so happy and proud of herself that she is doing it by herself. i almost cried seeing her do it! She's a little girl now and less baby girl every day!

I can't believe I've only had her for 3 months! It seems like I've always known her! I love having her sleep in the bed too. Daddy thinks she should be in her crib cuz he's afraid it will be harder to transition her later butI keep telling him I waited for her for 3 years and have only had her 3months and missed the first 9 months of her life - I love our snuggle time at night. when she wakes up in the middle of the night she puts both arms around me and cuddles me - it's the sweetest thing ever! and when she wakes up in the morning, if I am turned the other way, she makes me roll over to see her and gives me a big smile. I love it! Daddy doesn't know it yet but I want her to sleep in our bed at his house when we move in. She's only little for a while and I think it's easier to transition when she's older and talking her and you can do reinforcements to get her in her own bed. My friend does that with her 4 year old, every day she sleeps in her own bed they make a big deal about it and she gets a sticker on a chart and then on fridays if she has enough stickers she gets to sleep in her parents bed on friday nights. I think that's a good idea!
Plus I am going back to work in 2 weeks so I really will treasure our snuggle time at night since I will miss her so much during the day!

The time has gone by so fast! I can't believe I almost have to go back to work. I am so not ready! But I know I am going to not stay as late as I used to and I already told my mom be prepared for me calling and texting at lunch cuz I want to know everything I am missing! I keep telling myself it's only 8 weeks and then I Will be off again with her in the summer for more fun times together. I can't wait to go to the pool with her, and the zoo! and the dunes - she will love it!

Thursday we had our dr checkup and her shots. The dr was really nice - I like her alot better now. Maybe she was just having a bad day last time. She answered all my questions and was complimenting me on my mothering and didn't make me feel stupid for asking any questions.
Amaya has moved up into the 10 percent for weight! :-) She is now 18 pounds and so tall!
She is also moving up into the next clothes size for length even though they fall off her little butt! :-)

Thursday afternoon I went to the dentist and my mom watched Amaya and then we went out to dinner. then Nini stayed overnight with us and stayed all day Friday and Friday night too cuz we had a snowstorm. do you believe it? A snowstorm and it's supposed to be spring. crazy!
She and Amaya got to play at gymboree and have lots of fun together while Mommy worked on cleaning and getting her taxes done.

Then yesterday I found out there was a Chinese festival in Naperville. I wish I would have known ahead of time because I would have asked my friends in Naperville from our travel group to go to. We dressed up in our Asian outfits and went. It was so cool to be around all Chinese people again and hear the language. It was making me feel sentimental for China. It was mostly geared toward older kids with crafts and activities for them but Amaya enjoyed the music and watching all the action. The best part was the dance performance. She loves to watch the dances on stage, she's mesmerized by it. She stood on my lap and rocked to it. She put her arm around my neck and was rocking and smiling. When they would change scenes and it would go dark she'd yell out uhhhhh and people around us laughed. too cute! I wish we could have stayed for the whole thing but didn't want to risk her falling asleep in the car. So far we are back on the early bedtime and I have to keep that going for the next 2 weeks in getting ready for me to go back to work! UGH - I don't want to think about it!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved the video of Amaya walking.
She was very inquisitive looking at the outlets and plates on the walls during her walk.
Could you kneel or get down lower when taking the next one?

Love,

Yiayia