After waiting so long, it's such a weird feeling that I could know who she is in 3 weeks. It's almost like I'm not letting myself believe it after getting my hopes up so many times before. It won't be a reality for me until I am in China and see her and they tell her she can be my daughter!
I just completed my first some assembly required project as a mom and let's just say, God did not give me talent in that area :-) but I perservered and was able to complete it. :-) Amaya has her first infant/toddler rocker ready to go.
I must say that I havn't been able to stop buying clothes either. There's something therapeutic about buying outfits for your baby who you feel connected to on the other side of the world. I guess it's a nesting thing.
The bad part is I have alot of outfits 12-18 months size for summer that probably won't fit now, but I can save them for future babies or donate them! Now I've been having fun buying winter clothes - such cute outfits! I can't wait to see her in them. I've already picked out her adoption day outfit.
Hopefully, next time I post there will be a picture to include too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
As baby's NiNi and your Mama, I am excited with you, Dear Daughter. I share many of the same feelings you posted. The time is getting closer - "The Good Lord willing and the creeks don't rise", we should be holding Baby Amaya by Christmas. What a wonderful gift she will be at such a wonderful time of celebration.
Just checking in with you. You must be so excited! Can't wait to see pictures :)
Post a Comment