Thursday, July 1, 2010

Summer fun










































































I can't believe my first month of vacation is over already! I've had the best time! If I was still on the year round school schedule, I'd have to think about going back to work soon but instead have the next month off before thinking about it - woo hoo!

My baby is growing up more every day! She is playing more by herself (which is bittersweet) ;-)
and has these whole complex scenarios with her barbies or polly pockets and stuffed animals where she has them talk to her and each other, tells stories with them. SO CUTE and smart!
She is sleeping by herself now too, which was hard at first for both of us, but she's doing great! She's starting preschool in the fall too, 2 days a week for 2 hours, which I'm having separation anxiety about already! :-) I know it will be great for her but I'm NOT READY for her to have a backpack, school supplies and a teacher who isn't me! :-) For now, just vacation fun and then we will both be in reality of school mode in about 6 weeks! I am so sad I won't be able to be there on her first day of preschool cuz it is my first week of school too. But I know NaiNai will take pictures and it makes me feel better that she will have her grandma with her.

My favorite times of this month are our lazy mornings playing, having breakfast in her pj's, not having a schedule. We have gone to the zoo, the splash park, the pool, the beach, swimming lessons. playdates at the park and at houses/out to lunch, playplace, her first paddleboat ride, her first dance recital, her first haircut at a salon, my birthday lunch, and saw Toy story 3. It's been great with mother/daughter time, family time, time to myself for once since I don't have to go to bed so early and I get naps in or "me time" I finished two books and two magazines so far - woo hoo! and time with friends. This month I want to take her to the shedd and the children's museum on hot days as well as the beach and more playdates!

For my birthday, she was so sweet, when I woke up - she said Happy birthday mama and gave me a big hug and kiss. Her and Latham surprised me with flowers too = so cute!
He also had her make me a card. :-)

I love how she uses words like, "meanwhile" "after all" and so many descriptive adjectives in her story telling. Such language my baby has - I swear I don't know where she gets it from. HA! :-)

No comments: