























I can't believe it is almost August already! The summer has been filled with fun times and laughter! I love having the whole summer off after 9 years at a year round school but I must say I really miss those 3 week breaks!
I am enjoying all of this quality time with my peanut before I have to go back to work in a few weeks. I swear she is a 4 year old stuck in a 2 year old's body. The vocabulary she uses, questions she asks and sense of humor make me laugh and smile every day! She continues to amaze me and fill my heart with joy!
some of my favorite sayings and memories of this summer are:
"Oh, I didn't know that!"
"because why mommy?"
When I want her to do something and I have my teacher, mom look on she says
"u mad? what you doin with the eyes?"
When she says no to bedtime I tell her, what did mommy say about being a good listener and she responds : "no pleeeasse mommy" :-)
how she read goodnight moon for the first time by herself on July 10 and called it jumping over da moon da cow :-)
and then later on vacation in michigan she was reading it to myself and Aunt Pamela and told me, don't laugh okay? because I was laughing and smiling because I thought it was so cute the last time but apparently she didn't like that!
how she squealed with delight at the beach in michigan and duxbury massachusetts!
She is such a nature princess and loves the sand and water like her mommy!
also she is quite the fashionista these days and HAS to wear a pretty dress every day!
We also signed up for her first dance class - she is VERY into ballet and loves wearing her tutu. The teacher was great! She went to observe one time and starts for real next week!
I love that she went from calling my sister pap last summer to pama, and now it's pamalee :-)
2 comments:
I so enjoy reading your blog and seeing how Amaya is developing. I have four grandchildren through international adoption - one from China. You just can't even explain to people how much you love these awesome children. Enjoy your last weeks home with Amaya.
Barb
a Yahoo group friend of your Mom
My favorite saying of the summer...
"What's so funny about?"
Post a Comment