Monday, February 23, 2009

Time is flying by!






















































































































I cannot believe my beautiful princess will be two years old in less than a month. All the people who told me that they grow up so fast were so right! I can't believe how much she has changed in the last year! She is such a little girl these days! and I do mean GIRLY -GIRL! I really don't know where she gets it from :-)

She loves her shoes, purses and now she has enough hair for me to put it in pigtails or ponytails.
She has to have it in pigtails everyday, calls it "tails" and she will check throughout the day if it is there or not. One of my students gave me some sparkly hair clips for Amaya so yesterday I put her hair in a ponytail and clipped it like a bun and she is OBSESSED with her new hair clip. She didn't even want to take it off to go to bed. SO CUTE!

We have been having lots of fun this new year together. We celebrated the year of the ox by going to chinatown and decorating our house, getting red envelopes with money, presents, and eating moon cakes. We started some chinese traditions on this holiday that we want to do every year. Amaya loved the parade - the dragon and lion were her favorites. About a week after the parade, she put her toy drum around her neck and said = parade, like the marching band! SO SMART! The things she connects in her little mind and the things she remembers amaze me every day.

Not only are we obsessed these days with our hair but also with Ariel and Cinderella. Before I was a parent, I told myself I wouldn't let them play with barbies or get into the whole commercialized disney thing. Okay just goes to show me, I can't control what she likes. She does have lots of varieties of toys and activities with me being an early childhood teacher so at least I don't feel as guilty. But she loves to watch little mermaid and cinderella and we are having a little mermaid themed birthday party. She has an ariel doll in the bath and we reenact movie scenes almost daily. She also likes to pretend she's swimming in the ocean in the tub like ariel - so cute.

and her language - OMG! I can't even believe that she is a second language learner with how much she is progressing with her language. She asks questions - nini what you doing? mama what you watching? who did that? and she speaks in 2 - 3 sentences - noisy - who did that?
there it is, I found it! and she pointed to a character in one of her books and said cute dress, I like it! :-)

she also knows almost all her colors and knows what words are - okay really I know lots of parents think there kid is gifted but I had kindergartners who didn't know what words are!
She pointed to xavier robert's signature on her cabbage patch doll's butt and said = words. so smart!

and someone in our family must have told her she's a genius because she did something I don't remember what, and I said oh you are so smart and she looked at me smiled and said genius! I LOVE IT!

and she has such a sweet, funny and loving personality. I was really sick last week and stayed home from work for 2 days and she said mama sick? kiss it and kissed my head and nose and said all better.

I just love being her mom and I already can't wait to be home with her this summer!

No comments: