Thursday, January 8, 2009

A new year!














































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































I can't believe that Amaya will be two years old in 3 months! This last year has gone by so fast! I've had the most amazing time being her mama and she was so worth the three year wait. The wait is a distant memory now. For all of you waiting out there, hang in there, it will be so worth it!

On new year's eve, I was reflecting on the moments, both big and small of 08. Coming home from China and just enjoying being her mom and watching her grow and being home with her for those first four months was so special! We watched video footage from that time on Christmas and it's so amazing to see how much she has changed in a year! She went from not being able to crawl or even roll over when we first got home to where she is now in a year's time! She is so smart!

Then going back to work was hard but I knew it would only be for 2 months. Then fun in the sun times with Amaya and friends and family. Having Aunt Pama home for a month was great! Then we had some stressful times of transition with moving in with Dada, starting a new job, getting married and adjusting to our new roles living under the same roof as parents. We've had our ups and downs figuring things out those first few months but now we are doing much better.
Most people get married and then have time to figure out their marriage before becoming parents and we did it all at once so that was extra hard! But we made it through those rocky times in our relationship and have learned and grown because of them!

We had lots of fun in the fall, riding ponies and going to pumpkin farms! Then came Amaya's first halloween and thankgiving and the memorable anniversary of referral and adoption day! It was a wonderful year and being Amaya's mom is the best Christmas present I could recieve! She is such a loving, sweet, smart and fun angel! I love her more than words could say!

My vacation started on the 19th because we had a snow day! YAY! That was an unexpected fun day! and on that day, Amaya said love for the first time and hugged my leg. How sweet and special is that! She's talking in three word phrases now and making us laugh every day. She knows how to count to 5 and some colors. She is so happy and loves to be tickled and play with her new dollhouse. Of course she still loves music and all her new toys from Christmas. She also is into watching the little mermaid. She says new words every day - like makeup when I put on chapstick - burp when she burped and fashlight!

My favorite new word is cheese - ga- ber ber for cheeseburger! It's so cute the way she says it I can't help but laugh! :-)

We had the best time over Christmas break just hanging out and playing with Pama.
On Christmas Eve we went to Nini's house and had fun over there opening presents. She got a pony that she loves! Then that night we wrote a note to Santa and left him some cookies. I had been talking about Santa to her leading up to that night. Christmas morning we videotaped walking down the stairs to see if Santa came and left us presents and when she saw the presents she gave the sweetest look of surpise and whispered santa! :-)
It was so fun seeing her open presents! A great day!

we had fun playing in the snow over my break and just hanging out. I got to have time to myself which was nice too - reading, getting together with friends. I didn't get to have as much time with latham as I wanted because of our different plans or events that came up, or worked late so I hope to have more time with him in the new year! It's hard to have time as a couple when you have a baby and work full time I'm discovering. I'm just changing my expectations and appreciating little moments we have here and there. We are going to have date night once a month and hopefully hang out on weekends when I have energy to stay up with him after she goes to bed. During the week it's hard! :-)

On new years eve we went to a party at the children's museum and spent the day together as a family. We had fun! Amaya liked her party dress from Aunt Pama and making the shaker at the party.

I feel very blessed to be Amaya's mom and Latham's wife and for all my family, friends, my job, my health and so many good things in my life in 09. I am looking forward to all the wonderful memories that we will make this year! Happy new year to all!

1 comment:

NiNi said...

I am remembering the year with you. So many blessings with our beautiful Amaya.