Friday, October 3, 2008

My smart pumpkin!

Okay, I REALLY can't believe it's the beginning of October already. I think time is going by at hyperintensive speeds to me because I am used to starting school in July and teaching ofr 9 weeks before fall comes. We have only been in school 5 weeks and it is already october. After 9 years on the year round calendar, it's weird to have fall sneak up so quickly when we just have started school.

I miss my baby SO much when I am at work but I am enjoying teaching first grade again. At first, I was homesick for Garfield and my coworkers and familiar faces of families and students but as time has passed, I have gotten more used to my new school. My team is great, I enjoy my students, and am getting back into first grade again. My students are sweet and very smart - they want to please and they write me notes all the time - I love u miss haffner :-) too cute.
they are also bringing me leaf bouquets cuz we are learning about fall.
I love teaching this age group! I can't wait to see what Amaya is like as a kindergartener or first grader. Some of my student's moms write them notes in their lunch boxes and they read them to me and I think of the notes I will write to Amaya when she is in school. Even though that is an exciting thought, it also makes me realize how fast time goes by and how every day she is less of "my baby" and more of a little girl. I am loving watching her grow and she is learning so much every day but it is bittersweet because I feel like it's going by too fast and she's not a baby anymore. I wish I could have been with her for her first 9 months but I am so thankful to her caregivers that took such good care of her.

She makes me laugh every day and continues to blow me away with her language.
On Monday after work, I came home, we ate dinner and then I had to get ready for a dentist appt. I told her I had to go upstairs to go potty and brush my teeth. She wanted to come with me. So I took her in the bathroom and was on the toilet while she stood by the shower and said see see, sower? So I told her okay, you can see the shower. She slides the sliding door, goes in the shower and gives me a sly smile and says by-eeeeeeee and closes the door. Then she opens the door and says I see you and laughs! WHAT A PERSONALITY SHE HAS! She's so funny!

She gives the cats a run for their money. We have 3 girl cats and 1 boy cat and the boy is trouble with a capital T. She follows the boy cat and says boyyyyy and tells him no no no no or move.
The other day the cat sat where she was coloring and she said move. He didn't move. then she put her hands on her hip and said come on! so funny.

I am still sleeping in her room with her, I know some would say this is bad, but it works for us right now. She is going to be earlier than the summer but still not early enough for momma's work schedule. She has been going to bed at 9 and I hope to bring it down to 8 like she was doing in the spring when I was working. This is the mommy lesson I learned: next summer keep on a consistent schedule so I don't spend the first 2 months of work staying up till 11! :-)

My sister is coming to visit next weekend- PAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPP is what she calls her, and we are very excited. She hasn't seen her since Aug 2 and I can't wait for her to see how much she is talking and what a pumpkin she is these days.

No comments: